Thursday, April 13, 2017

Where our strength ends there God's omnipotence begins

From the end of the earth will I cry unto thee, when my heart is overwhelmed: 
lead me to the rock that is higher than I.
                                                                     Psalms 61:2

Where our strength ends there God's omnipotence begins.  Nature's extremity is
God's opportunity.  Again we repeat it, the end of the earth is the beginning of heaven. 
If the day should come when monarchs should banish God's people, their banishment
would be an object of contempt, for can they banish the men that are strangers wherever
they may be?  Is not my Father's house a large one?  Yon dome, the blue sky, its roof; the
rolling seas, the swelling floods, the green meads, the huge mountains—are not these
the floors of his house?  And where can I be driven from the dominions of my God,
and away from the voice of his love?  Banishment to the Christian may seem a trouble,
but if he looketh up and seeth his Father's house and beholdeth the smile of his God, he
will know that banishment is to him an impossibility.  But supposing us to be banished from
every thing good and dear to us, even then we should not be banished from God's throne,
"From the ends of the earth will I cry unto thee."
                                                                                        Charles H. Spurgeon

No comments:

Post a Comment